Sarcasm ... Check

First, a soccer update. At today's game, Ben scored THREE goals. One was a thing of absolute beauty. Ben had a free kick. He got the ball, checked out the opponents, and simply chipped the ball up over everyone's head and into the goal. Nothing to it. The other team just watched. Everyone cheered. There was music and confetti. Okay, maybe not, but there should have been.

Anyway, so the point of this post is to tell you about Ben's latest funny. In preparation for today's game, Travis ran to the store to get snacks. We bought apples (for the team) that no one ate. Travis was also supposed to pick up some licorice (it was on sale). He forgot (I didn't give him a list). Today, while loading up the car, we said "Ball. Check. Water. Check. Granola Bars. Check". Ben says from the back of the bus, "Licorice ... Uncheck".

Gosh, where could the sarcasm gene come from?

5 comments:

Tiffany said...
September 14, 2008 at 4:48 AM

Nice one Ben, way to call your dad out! Ben is wicked smart.

Anonymous said...
September 14, 2008 at 5:57 PM

There should have been fireworks too! Nice job Ben!! I bet that's the last time Travis forgets licorice...:)

Anonymous said...
September 18, 2008 at 8:49 AM

Way to go Ben!

Deanna said...
October 14, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Ok, I don't know where I've been for the past two months, but I just caught up on all of your posts! They were so fun - and I loved the 'caution - elderly crossing'. I think I might have to frame that for my mom... ;) By the way, I think you have 4 loyal readers now. ;)

Kelly said...
October 29, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Make that 5 loyal readers, I just figured out how to post.

Back to Home Back to Top It's a Wonderful Life. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.