Big Steps

Ben reached a big milestone. He left home and went out on his own. He started full-day kindergarten this month. Next thing you know, he'll move away and break my heart (although currently, his college plans are limited to University of Portland - five blocks away).

I have such mixed emotions about this - my baby is growing up, which makes me a little sad. But he's doing so in an independent way that makes me so very proud at the same time. It's hard to have him be gone all day (Ry misses him a LOT), but I know it's time for me to let him take some steps away from us for a bit. But just for a little bit ...

Here are some pictures from the first day. There was no drama from Ben. He was excited to start back with his friends and meet his new teacher. Ry, however, created quite the spectacle. He was really excited to go back to school, too. He was not excited, however, to leave school. He screamed for 10 minutes about wanting to stay with Ben. It was a little sad, but gives me hope that next year, he'll also be happy to start school. His brother sets an awfully good example for him.




2 comments:

Tiffany said...
September 14, 2008 at 4:45 AM

Ben, you are getting so old! I can not believe you are in kindergarten. Have a fantastic year!

Ry, hang in there. Enjoy your time with Mama, you will go to school soon enough.

Anonymous said...
September 14, 2008 at 5:56 PM

adorable pictures

Back to Home Back to Top It's a Wonderful Life. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.