Countertop Conundrum

Finally getting on track with the kitchen. We hired someone to help us and are pretty stoked to be moving forward. I've gotten a quote for the countertops that I really liked. They are in my budget, so I'm pretty happy. It's a big chunk of the budget, but it's a doable chunk. But, now I must make a decision. I'm rather partial to color, so I've selected two fairly bright options. Both would look lovely atop our white cabinets.

The first option is Apple Martini and it looks a little like this:



The second is the original Ocean Blue that we were so drawn to originally:

Please take a moment to post your favorite.

12 comments:

Jason said...
December 5, 2009 at 7:00 AM

Apple Martini

Anonymous said...
December 5, 2009 at 7:27 AM

Shaken...not stirred...

Tiffany said...
December 5, 2009 at 11:46 AM

You know I'm a lime green kinda girl.

Emily Sherwood said...
December 5, 2009 at 11:57 AM

I like the green, too, especially against the brown. But I wonder if the green might seem too much against white cabinets? What are you thinking for the walls? And what color are your floors? (Sorry for all of the questions.)

Sarah said...
December 5, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Not really sure about the walls yet, but the backsplash will be glass tile. The floor is a dark wide plank hand scraped wood. I think it might be enough to offset it. The room is small with only one window.

Sarah said...
December 5, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Oh, and like Gerdie, all the appliances are stainless steel. :)

Debbie said...
December 5, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Definitely the green!

Emily Sherwood said...
December 6, 2009 at 9:59 AM

It sounds like the new kitchen will be all shiny and beautiful. You must be so excited. I'm going to have kitchen envy for a bit (I promise to be over it by January). ;)

Deanna said...
December 6, 2009 at 2:01 PM

I'm partial to the blue!!

granigecko said...
December 6, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Blue Blue Blue -- well, you asked. Does the green really glow in the dark? Grani

Sarah said...
December 7, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Ouch Grani! No, it doesn't glow in the dark. It's bright and cheery.

Shannon said...
December 9, 2009 at 8:35 AM

I am sticking with the blue! Aren't we making your decision easier?!

Back to Home Back to Top It's a Wonderful Life. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.